keskiviikko 7. joulukuuta 2011

To my Kongens Tvaervej


There are no words to describe my feelings right now and yet still I’m trying to formulate descent sentences to write this small text. This is not a farewell, we’ll meet again as we have promised, but it is a tribute to all memories we shared during this autumn. 

Being an exchange student was never my dream, it was just something I had to do to prove myself that I wasn’t a total loser. I’ve never been so afraid that I was at the airport on 20th of August. First, I had never been abroad just by myself and for this long. Secondly I was going to country that I had never visited, live with people I had no clue who they were, and survive with my English language skills. I’m thankful for the little voice of sense that made me step into that airplane, because from that moment on I haven’t regretted a second.

Mostly it is because of you. From the first second in the house everyone was an important part of this group that was formerly called even a second family. We know each other very well now but probably in different way than we know our closest friends back home. We may not know how many siblings does someone have or what is his or her home address but we know how he or she is in the morning, what kind of foods he or she cooks the best or especially, how has this journey affected on each and every person in this house. 

The best moments have probably taken place in the kitchen. Suddenly, more or less ten people have gathered over one small table just chatting about regular things, laughing and sharing the happenings of the day. Of course there are plenty of more special memories such as fun parties, Wednesday nights in Francis Pony, Sunday brunches, choir rehearsals, not to mention our multiple trips all over Denmark and yea, in certain cases all over Europe. Funny thing is that while having fun and enjoying your exchange period sometimes as much as you almost forget to breathe, we have actually learned something every single day.  From the places we have seen, from Danish unpleasant weather, from the lectures (almost forgot to mention school..), from each other’s cultures and backgrounds, from living with 17 housemates, but the most of all, from ourselves. Independence in broad sense is probably the most major thing for most of us, and it covers so many other themes inside the concept. You have to be able to find out about things by yourself, make sure you have enough clean clothes and that your fridge shelve in not empty. At the same time you must be flexible with your own habits and consider other people and their feelings. You have to be able to solve problems, negotiate, get to know people and give something out to them, form a character and be yourself at the same time. 

How on earth have we managed to study our courses at the same time?!

Bernadette, Berndt, Damaris, Hayley, Hélène, Hyiem, Karina, Jordan, Manon, Marie, Marina, Max, Nicola, Patrizia, Paula, Sandra and Sofia.  You all have a special place in my heart and I have no idea what I have done right to get this privilege to share this experience with you. I’m looking forward to make new memories with you, my dear friends. 

Yours with all my heart,

Anna

I know that all my finnish friends are laughing their heads off but I want to dedicate you a song. It’s called “Lightyears”.



Even all the worlds
Could never
Tear us apart from each other.
Even lightyears.
Never.

You sing to my ear
As the northern wind would whisper.
You follow me every night and day
And I miss you even more.
You left your shadow with me.

Chorus:
“Although
You spent only a short moment with me.
I’m still with you.
Although
The distance between us is so long. 
You’re close to me also here
You left your shadow with me
I see you in my thoughts”

If I still could
I would like to tell you
How much our endless friendship means to me
You left your shadow with me

Chorus

Part of you will stay here
Even if you are so far away
I look for you
And just closing my eyes you stand right in front of me.

(the video itself is not good but focus on the music)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti